Up to £40000 per annum
4 months ago
Senior Buyer/Purchasing Manager - Stourport-on-Severn
Butler Ross have a fantastic opportunity with a leading British Manufacturing and Engineering company, who are looking for someone to purchase goods and services, and work on continuous improvement and procurement strategies across two sites.
This role would suit someone who has experience working in Purchasing as a Senior Buyer, Strategic Buyer, Technical Buyer or Procurement Manager.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Buyer/Procurement Manager:
- To purchase a diverse range of goods and services, including information technology.
- To be responsible for the whole procurement cycle
- To consider group purchasing power
- To manage and provide guidance to staff
- To work with stock control personnel and factory managers to ensure availability of stock is maintained.
- Considering lead time with regards production requirements and outsourcing.
- Responsibility for purchased stock levels and general stock integrity.
- Record and report on all relevant matters on a quarterly basis
- Maintain and update suppliers approved and select list, in line with the quality standard and utilising an agreed due diligence procedure which provides for full supplier vetting.
Personal Specification of the Senior Buyer/Purchasing Manager:
- Strong MRP and systems experience
- Experience in an engineering/manufacturing environment
- Significant purchasing experience at a strategic level
- Versatile and able to work in a fast paced and challenging environment
- Strong team player
Up to £40,000
Working Hours & Benefits:
- 9:00 - 5:00 Monday to Friday
- 34 Days Holiday (Including Bank Holidays)
This role would suit a Purchasing Manager, Procurement Manager, Senior Buyer, Category Manager, Commodity Manager, Technical Buyer, Strategic Buyer
Should you not hear anything from your application within 14 days, this will mean your application was unsuccessful, and unfortunately It will be impossible to update everyone at application stage due to the high volumes of applicants we get! Please don't get disheartened and please do keep checking our website for any other opportunities!