Birmingham, West Midlands
£54500.00 - £68150.00 per annum
Senior Commercial Manager
A fantastic opportunity for a Senior Commercial Manager to join an exciting transport infrastructure project based in Birmingham with a salary up to £68,150. This commercial management position has been created due to continued high volume of project work and an expanding contract portfolio in the firm. The commercial manager will sit in the procurement and commercial directive, with excellent progression opportunities into a Head of Commercial position over the next few years.
Candidates will have previous experience as a commercial manager or contracts manager specifically within a regulated environment, at a commercial management level and be keen to progress in their career.
Role responsibilities of the Senior Commercial Manager include
- To be responsible for developing commercial works information, reviewing works information from other functions and drafting contract documents to ensure consistency and alignment with procurement plans.
- To be responsible for supporting the Procurement team in the development and delivery of tender evaluation models and contract documentation including terms and conditions and associated commercial mechanisms, works and site information to be consistent with strategies and procurement plans.
- To be responsible for evaluating tenders and supporting moderation to achieve Contract Award.
- To be responsible for developing a contract management plan.
- To be responsible for supporting contract readiness.
- To be accountable for providing commercial assurance to Head of Commercial of all Delivery commercial activities (Supply Chain), including:
- To be accountable for delivering commercial and contract management of the contracts to maintain effective commercial control;
- To be accountable for the administration of the obligations of the Project Manager under the NEC3 Contract, including assessment of:- variations and compensation events, contract payments, performance incentives
- To be accountable for managing effective cost verification;
- To be accountable for reviewing and analysing supply chain monthly reports to drive supply chain performance;
- To be accountable for delivering on input into contract level performance information into monthly MBR reports;
- To be accountable for providing final cost estimate updates;
- To be responsible for supporting monthly contract and programme performance reviews and other ad hoc reviews;
- To be accountable for supporting the settlement of supply chain disputes;
- To be accountable for providing day to day ad hoc contract and commercial advice to client team;
- To be responsible for supporting monthly the identification of opportunities for project savings supporting the development of associated proposals / business case for approval;
- To be responsible for supporting the development of a collaborative culture within the IPT that encourages innovation, enhances functional capability, creates consistency of performance, maximises the benefits of knowledge sharing and embeds industry best practice across the organisation;
- To be responsible for supporting the relationship and engagement with key contractors.
- To be responsible for reviewing estimates (at all stages)
Person Specification of the Senior Commercial Manager:
- Experience of managing commercial management teams in major complex infrastructure projects and programmes to deliver value for money for the Client/Employer.
- Experience of working with or for publicly funded bodies and/or a major publicly funded programme.
- Experience of planning, developing and implementing high value and complex contracts and of working closely with procurement teams in tender preparation, administration and evaluation.
- Experience of using commercial management and reporting systems.
- Ability to manage and administer high value and delivery critical contracts to deliver major complex infrastructure or similar projects and programmes.
- Ability to develop commercial strategies and plans on infrastructure projects.
- Ability to deliver value driven management of commercial relationships with supply chain.
- Ability to support negotiations with both internal and external parties, and the ability to settle disputes whilst maintaining business critical commercial relationships.
- Ability to manage internal and external stakeholder parties to achieve successful project outcomes.
- Ability to develop and improve commercial policies, processes and procedures.
- Ability to support the development of commercial teams in complex organisation.
- Ability to demonstrate contract, commercial and risk management skills.
Up to £68k
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a role within commercial or contracts as a commercial manager, contract manager, contracts manager, senior commercial manager, senior contract manager, or senior contracts manager.