Up to £45000.00 per annum
almost 2 years ago
A fantastic opportunity exists for a Senior Subcontract Commercial Officer within a global defence organisation. The role of the Commercial Officer focusses on managing the contractual aspects of supplier delivery. The Commercial Officer will manage all contractual terms including: cost, schedule and technical performance requirements that are levied on the subcontractor or product family. They will be required to ensure performance meets contracted requirements, and to input and maintain data on the Company ERP system (SAP). The role operates across the contractual life cycle, supporting negotiations, execution and closure. The Commercial Officer will actively work with and provide support and guidance to the Subcontract Programme Manager, Programme, and Procurement leads.
Responsibilities of the Commercial Officer
- Understanding of Supply Chain best practice.
- Undertaking contract execution on allocated procurements whether subcontract, commodity, or complex material purchases.
- Achieving on time delivery, to meet contractual quantity, quality, and technical requirements.
- Providing support to ensuring appropriate terms and conditions are specified and adhered to within the contract.
- Supporting the compilation, issuing and managing a range of proposals to include RFQ's, and RFP's through to contract award/amendment, taking the lead where required.
- Lead and manage a range of procurements from simple to complex including design/drawing control, delivery and warranty.
- Assisting in ensuring successful completion of design, development, delivery, warranty and contract closeout.
- Support negotiations with suppliers to ensure best-value is achieved.
- Maintain key stakeholder relationships.
- Managing and configuration control of the subcontract and associated documentation.
- Undertaking all relevant transactional activities in SAP.
- Work with commercial colleagues to ensure mandatory flow down conditions are managed, and to assess risk and opportunities for cost savings and schedule improvements.
Required skills, qualifications and experience Commercial Officer
- Demonstrated success in managing medium to high complexity subcontracts to meet contractual requirements.
- Procurement and financial control experience.
- Understanding of contract terms.
- Capable of operating to tight schedules in a dynamic work environment.
- A team player.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
- Enthusiastic, determined and committed.
- Data literate with strong analytical skills.
- Experience of facilitating solutions.
- Flexibility to travel as required.
- Experience in working in multi-functional organisations.
This position would suite someone with experience as a Commercial Officer, Commercial Manager, Contracts Officer, Contracts Manager, Subcontracts Officer or Subcontracts Manager