Birmingham, West Midlands
£55000 - £70000 per annum
over 1 year ago
Senior Contract Manager, Birmingham
Up to £72,000 + Benefits
A fantastic opportunity for a Senior Contract Manager to join a major organisation in Birmingham (close to the train station). This Senior Contract Manager position has been created due to continued growth within the business and will offer excellent progression opportunities as well as responsibility to drive and support the team.
The role of Senior Contract Manager is to deliver significant benefits to the organisation ensuring all corporate contracts within the team are managed compliantly whilst delivering value for money.
Role responsibilities of the Senior Contract Manager will include:
- Advise all Stakeholders on applicable EU and UK procurement legislation and developments in line with government policies
- Promote compliant contract management across business units and set best practice ensuring continuous improvement to meet the organisations objectives
- Develop and lead a team to deliver technical and commercial contract management.
- Ensure the Corporate Contract team integrate effectively with the Procurement team to ensure all objectives are met on time.
- Ensure governance approval and assurance is achieved for all contracts including contract variations and contract management plans.
- Lead and develop positive relationships within the Directors and Stakeholders
- Identify and prepare business cases, reports to present to the board
- Engage with all areas of the business during business reviews and monitor spend and budgets across the Contracts portfolio.
Person Specification of the Senior Contract Manager:
- Associate of RICS, CIPS or a similar body
- A solid understanding of the supplier market for in-direct services within the public sector
- Solid experience in leading teams, managing staff and coaching and development.
- Experience in managing large scale contracts and demonstrating savings within a public-sector organisation
- Knowledge of EU and UK Procurement legislation is essential
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a friendly, high performing, corporate services procurement team in a modern office environment with excellent benefits.
This role will suit candidates who have held positions such as: Senior Contract Manager, Contract Manager, Procurement Manager, Procurement Lead or Head of Procurement.