£32000.00 - £38000.00 per annum
Senior Contracts Officer
An industry leading opportunity for a Senior Contracts Officer Specialist to join a global engineering services business based in Bristol with a salary up to £38,000. This Procurement position has been created due to business growth & recent acquisitions. The Senior Contracts Officer will sit in a project commercial team, with excellent progression opportunities into a Commercial Manager position over the next few years.
Candidates will have previous experience within purchasing, procurement, or commercial specifically within a regulated environment, at contract officer or procurement officer level, and be keen to progress in their career.
Role responsibilities of the Senior Contracts Officer include:
- To ensure that all commercial activity within your area of responsibility is performed to the highest standards, conforms to EU Procurement Regulations and Policies and Procedures, and is monitored to ensure continuous improvement with the overall aim of obtaining best value for money.
- To proactively participate in development and implementation of Category Strategies to ensure these fully satisfy requirements.
- To draft and issue ITTs/ITNs, contracts etc. and manage the associated procurement process up to and beyond contract award.
- To negotiate contract terms, conditions, and prices within delegated/licensed powers for Procurement activity with a view to delivering against the Benefits Realisation Plan.
- Undertake contract/team administration as required.
- Maintain professional standards and provide commercial support and advice to staff, stakeholders, and customers.
- To effectively manage the contracts within your responsibility by building strong working relationships with both contractor, customer, and colleagues where necessary.
- To assist in setting targets and objectives and to support and monitor achievement against these.
- Ensure Commercial MI is accurate and up to date and submitted on time.
- To actively contribute to the development of tools, processes and procedures, thereby supporting Team Transformation.
- Continuing Professional and Personal Development to ensure currency with EU and Commercial Procurement practices and Regulations and maximise contribution to the business.
- Mentor junior staff to facilitate their personal and professional development
Person Specification of the Senior Contracts Officer:
- Contribute to a positive and highly effective work environment for the commercial team and the wider project team.
- Let Contracts in accordance with EU and UK procurement regulations - minimizing risk of legal claims or disputes.
- Perform effective contract management obligations on time and within budget.
- Meet Contract Letting Plan targets delivering or exceeding agreed savings against contracts
- Personal development and continuous improvement to meet personal and corporate training and development targets
- Legacy contracts management law Managing Agent Terms
- 100% compliance with our client's policies and procedures.
Up to £38k
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a role within purchasing, procurement, or commercial as a buyer, sourcing specialist, procurement officer, contracts officer, or commercial officer.