Up to £62000 per annum
over 1 year ago
Senior IT Category Manager
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior IT Category Manager to join this public sector organisation based in Surrey who are looking for a Procurement Manager who has category experience in IT. The ideal candidate will act as the procurement lead for IT, develop and manage supplier relationships to ensure value for money is achieved and provide technical expertise in advising, guiding and executing procurement processes, including both EU and non EU tenders.
Main responsibilities of the Senior IT Category Manager
- Implementation, and continuous improvement of the new category management approach and supporting the Head of Procurement in meeting the College's key procurement needs
- Identifying key IT category management priorities in respect of savings and continuous improvement
- Ensuring procurement complies with College financial regulations and the Public Contracts Regulations
- Briefing the Head of Procurement on any project risks or key issues arising from category management implementation and tender exercises
- Delivering value for money and savings targets, and proactive forward planning for implementation and achievement of targets
- Ability to independently scope, administer and conclude OJEU and framework competitions from end to end (and support other team members in achieving the same)
- Develop wide supply contracts which are based around key performance indicators and service failure remedies.
- Maintain key working relationships with suppliers and internal clients.
- Promoting and ensuring best procurement practice
- Actively manage supplier controls and supplier vetting protocols
- Managing procurement & contract documentation, tendering templates, record keeping and associated systems
Skills & Experience required of the Senior IT Category Manager
- Good level of education, MCIPS or equivalent experience
- High degree of competency in all Microsoft applications
- Experience of working within the IT Category within a procurement role
- Understanding and use of OJEU and Public Contract Regulations
- Proven track record of savings
- Excellent people engagement and stakeholder management skills
- Have previous experience of reviewing software license and subscription terms and conditions and able to advise stakeholders of implications and risks.
Salary up to £62,000
This role would be perfect for a category manager or senior category manager or procurement manager all with experience in IT Category Management.