£55000.00 - £65000.00 per annum
Senior Supply Chain Manager - Global Campaigns
We are currently recruiting for two Senior Supply Chain Managers within a Global Campaigns team of one of our engineering services clients based in Farnborough with a salary up to £65,000. This Procurement position has been created due to business growth & recent successful bids, with the firm experiencing year on year growth for the last 5 years. The Senior Supply Chain Manager will sit in the procurement department, with excellent progression opportunities over the next few years.
Candidates will have previous experience within procurement or supply chain specifically within a regulated environment and at procurement manager, category manager, or supply chain manager level and be keen to progress in their career.
Role responsibilities of the Senior Supply Chain Manager include:
- Collaboratively develop & lead on the delivery of industrial strategies with key stakeholders.
- Develop strong relationships with key decision-makers in order to influence behaviours and ensure appropriate involvement of Procurement in all sourcing activities.
- Maintain awareness of the restrictions, controls and accreditations that are placed upon suppliers working in a Defence environment, ensuring at all times that both sourcing strategies and the incumbent supplier base do not jeopardise or threaten internal compliance.
- Collaborate with the Category Procurement Team to identify opportunities to utilise extant supplier relationships and frameworks that leverage Group scale. Conversely, the Senior Supply Chain Manager - Bidding & Programmes will be responsible for identifying repeat requirements from the projects pipeline and placing demands on the Category Procurement Team to deliver suitable, long term contracting mechanisms.
- Ensure compliance with process, governance and controls as agreed in the Procurement Code of Practice and Sourcing methodology.
- Collaborate with peers to develop and enhance systems, process, and best practice sharing to help our client achieve best in class performance, and bring consistency to sourcing activities.
Person Specification of the Senior Supply Chain Manager:
- Current relevant domain knowledge.
- Ability to manage and support others through the bidding process.
- Knowledge & significant prior application of UK Defence & Government procurement practices.
- Demonstrable experience of working within externally recognised Bidding methodologies.
- Understands impact of external customer requirements and recognises the levers that significantly improve the probability of winning external bids & tenders.
- Highly proficient in the identification & mitigation of supply chain, organisational, regulatory, legal & commercial risk.
- Experience of conducting International business.
- Ability to constructively challenge and influence colleagues (where appropriate) to alter solution design or commercial offering.
- Is recognised as an expert within the business, through the provision of specialist depth / breadth of knowledge.
- Working independently to identify, triage & solve challenging problems, with guidance required in only the most demanding situations.
- Execution of best practice within the function.
- Ability to lead cross-functional delivery teams in a bid or project environment.
- Adaptive and change focused; able to adapt pace of delivery to meet business requirements.
- Natural and articulate around senior management. Good listening skills and able to focus on issues critical to senior leaders. Can deliver communication concisely and steer conversation towards decisions needed.
- Has the technical skill combined with sufficient gravitas to be recognised as a subject matter expert.
- Highly customer focused and concerned with meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
- Highly results oriented. Keeps the organisation on track and delivery oriented.
- Emotionally intelligent and comfortably relates to many different types of people. Is personally self-aware of strengths and weaknesses.
Experience & Qualifications
- Degree in a Business or Engineering discipline, or equivalent experience.
- MCIPS Qualified or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years in a Procurement or Supply Chain related role.
- Knowledge of procurement systems and infrastructure.
- Knowledge & prior experience of strategic bidding and business development activity.
- Proven contract drafting & negotiation skills.
Up to £65k
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a role within supply chain or procurement as a procurement manager, category manager, or supply chain manager.