Coventry, West Midlands
Up to £42000 per annum + Company Benefits
almost 2 years ago
Supplier Quality - Coventry
A unique opportunity has arisen to join an iconic manufacturing company based in Coventry, as a Supplier Quality engineer, offering £42,000 plus excellent company benefits.
The company has fantastic growth plans, boasts modern offices and offers a great culture and working environment.
This role would be best suited to someone who has come from a Supplier Quality background or has experience within Supplier Quality.
The role of the Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer:
- Act as a lead on problem solving at suppliers based on issues raised during project builds and the part approval process.
- Support supplier process development activities and conduct supplier process audits.
- Approve supplied parts/processes using PPAP criteria including Process Capability, PFMEA, ISIR and capacity verification.
- To provide and update information required for Flawless Launch glide path metrics: APQP progress, Supplier Quality targets, Logistics plan, packaging plan and Concern tracking to feedback to Engineering.
The person specification of the Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer:
- Extensive background of working with suppliers.
- A proven ability to be able to drive APQP/PPAP/8D problem solving/Process capability and Process Auditing.
- Established experience in an SQA role
- Exposure to supplier process experience
- Ability to analyse manufacturing processes and assess controls.
- Be analytical and decisive, with the ability to work autonomously at supplier sites where necessary.
- Strong communication/negotiation skills
- HNC (min) qualified or equivalent in a Mechanical/Manufacturing/Quality Engineering discipline.
- Must expect some travel to UK, European and Asia supplier base.
£42,000 + Work Needs Car
This role would be best suited to someone who has a background in Supplier Quality