£45000 - £50000.00 per annum
Supplier Quality Engineer - Oxfordshire
A fantastic opportunity for a Supplier Quality Engineer has arisen to join a growing Supplier Quality Assurance team in a Manufacturing company in Oxfordshire, with a salary of £50,000. The role holder will have experience in Supplier Quality inspection and Supplier Management in an Automotive Industry, or a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
Candidates will have previous experience within Supplier Quality and Supplier Management.
Role responsibilities of the Supplier Quality Engineer:
- Carrying out supplier qualification assessments, including detailed on-site process audits (to automotive standards)
- Preparing sourcing recommendations based on the results of supplier assessment activities
- Communication and implementation of supplier quality and inspection requirements
- Leading the implementation of supplier development activities with the aim of delivering year-on-year supplier QCD improvements
- Establishing supplier scorecards monitoring quality, delivery and commercial performance
- Leading the successful implementation and owning the delivery of specific Advanced Production Quality Plans for New Product Introduction and sourcing activities
- Working closely with Quality, Engineering, Manufacturing and Programme Management on supplier selection for new products and services
- Approving new products and services in line with company procedures
- Dealing with specific non-conforming product containment incidents, identifying root causes and ensuring robust and rigorous problem resolution in a timely manner
- Leading supplier monitoring visits and audits, both in the UK and overseas, as required.
- Supporting the implementation and subsequent maintenance of systems and processes to ensure compliance with the automotive TS16949 Management Systems standard
- Analysis and reporting of supplier quality incidents.
Person Specification of the Supplier Quality Engineer:
- Minimum HNC/Degree in Engineering discipline (or equivalent)
- Previous proven experience working within a supply chain quality environment, preferably in high volume automotive manufacturing business
- Experience of automotive supplier assessment and selection activities
- Experience of auditing both internal and supplier processes
- Proven experience of supplier development programmes to drive quality improvements
- Knowledge of APQP tools and techniques (including FMEA and Control Plans)
- Knowledge of statistical analysis, process capability and problem resolution tools (8D, 5 Why, 6 Sigma etc.) and techniques
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a role within Supplier Quality, Supplier management, Quality Assurance.
Should you not hear anything from your application within 14 days, this will mean your application was unsuccessful, and unfortunately It will be impossible to update everyone at application stage due to the high volumes of applicants we get! Please don't get disheartened and please do keep checking our website for any other opportunities!