Gatwick, West Sussex
£40000 - £45000 per annum
10 months ago
An excellent opportunity for a Supplier Relationship Manager who has a passion for building and developing supplier relationships. This role is working for a rapidly growing business, will involve over 60% travel across Europe and opportunity to be home based when needed - Head Office is based in Christchurch. Excellent salary paying up to £45k.
As a Supplier Relationship Manager, you will be working closely with manufacturing sites across the UK and Europe.
Responsibilities for the Supplier Relationship Manager:
- Visit suppliers on a regular basis, developing strong relationships.
- Digesting supplier feedback, complaints and any queries.
- Actively sourcing and engaging with new and key suppliers across both the UK and Europe.
- Negotiation of contracts with any key manufacturing partners, ensuring price and terms are in line with policy.
- Working closely with the commercial and supply chain team, advising on 'how to' avoid costs and inefficiencies
- Assist on any supplier issues, monitoring KPI's closely.
Key Requirements for the Supplier Relationship Manager:
- Previous experience working within either FMCG or Manufacturing Supply Chain
- Excellent sourcing abilities across new suppliers, products and sites.
- Strong communication skills, ability to build strong relationships.
- Manufacturing Regulations Understanding, with a genuine passion for the industry.
As this role is over 60% travel, living close to a airport is desirable to reduce travel time to and from flights.
This role would suit someone with experience as; Supplier Manager, Supplier Relationship Manager, Manufacturing Manager, Senior Buyer, Category Manager.