Worthing, West Sussex
£41000 - £46000 per annum
almost 2 years ago
A brilliant opportunity has arisen to join a well-known business who is seeking an Supplier Relationship Manager to join their team. They are an integral player in their field and strive to offer an environment that allows its employees to not only develop professionally but also personally. In this exciting role the Supplier Relationship Manager will be managing, leading and developing supplier relationships for defined and allocated strategic suppliers within the Engineering & Construction categories. The successful individual will be key to the new commercial directorate created to bring a commercial outlook to the business, centralising activities that will drive better value.
Key Responsibilities of the Supplier Relationship Manager:
Developing and nurturing a cohesive interface between the organisation and the supplier, and cross functionally across the organisation as appropriate, to achieve and leverage joint value creation and efficient delivery of the capital programme
* You will undertake appropriate supply chain analysis, value chain analysis and business process analysis using Lean and Six Sigma techniques and tools to identify priorities and implement ongoing efficiencies.
* Facilitate joint strategic review boards at executive level between both parties
* Manage the supplier relationship from a commercial perspective and collaborate with project delivery teams, contract and supplier performance managers to drive improvement in supplier performance
* Develop improvement plans with suppliers, business stakeholders and commercial contract managers ensuring constructive dispute resolution if there are non-performance issues
* Ensure the introduction of marketplace best practices throughout the contract lifecycle
* Work collaboratively with Category Managers, Commercial Contract Manager and business stakeholders to capture lessons learnt throughout the contract lifecycle and contribute to the development of future strategic sourcing strategies for goods, products, works or services
* Achieve annual savings targets as agreed with the Head of Supplier and Contract Management and relevant business stakeholders.
Personal Specification of the Supplier Relationship Manager:
Demonstrated experience of gathering information from multiple stakeholders and analysing supplier performance objectively
* Proven experience of undertaking supply chain reviews; facilitating workshops and working with suppliers and internal stakeholders to conduct supply chain analysis, value chain analysis and business process reviews to identify process improvements and cost efficiencies and developing and implementing joint action plans.
* Excellent communications skills (verbal and written)
* Essential: Good Excel skills
* Essential: Good PowerPoint & Word skills
* Desirable: Degree or equivalent
* Desirable: Managing suppliers in a regulated environment
* Desirable: MCIPS
Benefits the Supplier Relationship Manager can expect to receive:
- 25 days holiday
- Formal training
- Free on-site parking and use of subsidised café
This role would also suit you if you have held a role as a Vendor Manager, Supplier Relationship Manager, SRM, Senior Buyer, Procurement Manager, Category Manager, Commodity Manager.