Up to £65000.00 per annum
A fantastic opportunity for a Supply Chain Manager to join a Leading Manufacturing company based in Croydon with a salary up to £65k. This role will report into the Operations Manager.
Candidates must have experience of working within an engineering or manufacturing environment in a senior purchasing or supply chain role.
Role responsibilities of the Supply Chain Manager Include:
- Strategic management of all aspects of materials management
- Management of purchasing & logistics personnel on a day-to-day basis
- Continued focus on minimising inventory levels based on improved purchasing policies.
- Ensuring materials supply is co-ordinated and is linked to customer requirements
- Management and development of the suppliers of our low volume, highly bespoke engineered components, mainly from highly skilled machine shops and tool rooms.
- Control MRP and consequent materials purchasing and rescheduling working in conjunction with our Sales teams and Production Controllers.
- Represent the UK business in global Purchasing and Logistics initiatives leading and supporting projects as required
- Use continuous improvement techniques to improve department performance
- Maintain accuracy of inventory levels via good stores practices and confirm via cycle counting.
- Keep distribution costs under review and at all times ensure the optimum balance of performance, flexibility and cost is achieved from our distribution partners
- Optimise imports to minimise customs costs
- Work with the quality department to ensure speedy and detailed resolutions to supplier quality issues are delivered within our non-conformance process.
Person Specification of the Supply Chain Manager Include:
- Previous experience working in an Engineering or manufacturing environment or an Engineering background
- Degree qualified and a member of CIPS would be an advantage but not essential
- Significant purchasing experience preferably at Leadership level
- Good all-round communication and IT skills, including knowledge of MRP systems is essential
- Leadership and influencing skills
Up to £65k
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a role within Purchasing or procurement or Supply Chain at management level. Experience in Logistics and Materials is also beneficial.