Up to £26k
about 2 years ago
A fantastic opportunity for a dynamic Supply Chain professional to join a leading organisation as a Supply Chain Planner.
Key Responsibilities of the Supply Chain Planner;
- Assist with the monthly forecast review and analyse historic demand and stock levels.
- Review forecasts with sales team on monthly basis.
- Have a full understanding of product lifecycle to aid forecasting.
- Ensure all new business forecasts are validated and acted upon quickly.
- Assist in identifying optimum Stock holdings.
- Raise all purchase orders/enquires with suppliers in a timely manner.
- Confirm all orders with suppliers within an agreed time frame.
- Assist in the review of slow and fast-moving lines.
- Assist in the production of weekly reports for assigned departments.
- Monitor critical paths of key products for launch ensuring any issues are highlighted.
- Review daily shipping exceptions and advise of actions ensuring awareness of any risk.
- Actively ensure all orders are delivered on time, working closely with logistics coordinators and suppliers.
- Ensure all Master Data issues are flagged to Purchasing.
Personal Specification for the Supply Chain Planner;
- Experience in a supply chain or purchasing position.
- Retail or FMCG industry would be preferred.
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel.
- Experience of using an ERP / MRP system.
- Educated to A Level standard or equivalent.
- Ability to prioritise a heavy workload and work to deadlines with a high level of accuracy.
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well as part of a team or on own initiative.
This role would suit an individual with experience in any of the following roles; supply chain analyst, inventory controller, merchandiser, stock control analyst, demand planner or supply chain planner.